2012 has been a hard year for lots of people – some more than others. There are many families and individuals struggling and the pressures, expectations and glitter of the festive season often makes it worse. Some of us are fortunate to have enough and to be able to reflect, relax and enjoy presents and the presence of friends and family. Many can’t and don’t.
Currently we have around 40 families who need additional support – anything we can possibly offer them…they are:
- young parents renting on low incomes
- people who have been forced to the margins of society due to poverty and mental illness
- young people who put their trust in people who have let them down
- single mums with a partner in jail
- young parents with a car that needs fixing and petrol to get around
- youth who are alienated form their families
- Refugee families new to our country with very few contacts and resources
……the list goes on……
Please help us to help these families……we are here working with our people 24/7/52 weeks per year…please support our work…WE NEED YOU!!
If you could possibly spare a few food items (especially fresh food such as vegetables, fruit and meat), or would like to buy some Christmas presents for families, or could possibly donate money or vouchers we would be incredibly grateful. We can come and pick anything up in the Wellington Region.
Our bank account details are: Challenge 2000 – 01-0519-0057660-00
I know that there are many people struggling this year, so please know that if it is not possible for you to make a donation, there is no pressure or expectation – we can always benefit from prayers and/or good wishes (whichever fits with you!).
Thank you for all your support in 2012 – your efforts either big or small are appreciated by the staff and people of Challenge 2000.
Best wishes for Christmas