Interested in joining our team? Please view our vacancies below.
Posted 18 June 2020:
Experienced Social Workers
Challenge 2000 is a youth development agency that has served young people and their families in the Wellington Region for 30 years. We seek to help young people grow into their best selves through a variety of services and programmes, including education, youth justice, personal mentoring, leadership development and family growth and wellbeing.
We have significant relationships and work contracts with a number of partner agencies.
We are seeking two experienced social workers to join our team.
Applicants must be:
- A qualified and experienced social worker
- Experienced in working alongside adolescents and their families
- Experienced in adolescent mental health and well-being
- Familiar with strengths-based principles
- Solution-focused and goal-oriented
- Familiar with working in community and/or education sectors
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experienced in working with Māori and Pacific communities
- Able to self-manage a demanding caseload
- Able to consult appropriately with family and other professionals to enhance positive outcomes for young people
- Able to network and build effective working relationships with other agencies
- Able to develop and/or facilitate group intervention programmes for adolescents
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and orally
- Experienced in facilitating professional, restorative family meetings and groups
- Able to supervise other staff or give evidence of the ability to develop skills in this area
Applicants must also have:
- New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa
- Registration with the SWRB or be eligible for registration
- A current full clean drivers licence
Salaries are negotiable for the right applicants.
Applications close 3rd July 2020.
To apply, please address your CV and covering letter to Nina Ness (Practice Manager) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about these roles, feel free to contact Nina on 04 477 6827 or at email@example.com
Posted 15 June 2020:
Executive Business Assistant
Challenge 2000 is a Wellington-based youth development agency which has served young people and their families for over 30 years. We seek to help young people grow into their best selves through a variety of services and programmes, including education, youth justice, personal mentoring, and leadership development. We have significant contracts with a number of partner agencies.
We are looking for a professional, organised yet flexible person with a loving, can-do attitude, who, in a dynamic environment, can juggle the following tasks:
- Administrative support of our leadership and financial teams
- Experience of financial systems (preferably Xero) a must
- Funding applications and reports
- Managing ‘front of house’ interaction
- Supporting public relations and communications
- Coordinating special projects and events
- Facilitating volunteer engagement
To apply or to find out more, please contact John Robinson before 26th June: (04) 477 6827 / firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re a qualified social worker, an experienced youth worker, or have other relevant skills, and would like to register your interest in working for us, please send your CV and a letter to email@example.com