Want to work in a flexible, organic, staff and community-friendly agency? Then apply to join Challenge 2000 now to start a new way of working!
C2K is a professional Social Work and Youth Development agency that provides a wide, dynamic range of services for young people and families in the Wellington Region.
One means of support Challenge 2000 provides is MASSiSS (Multi-Agency Support Services in Secondary Schools), with a team of social workers based in six secondary schools across Porirua and the Hutt Valley.
We are seeking an experienced social worker to join this team.
You must be:
- A qualified and experienced social worker
- Registered with the SWRB
- Able to support Challenge 2000’s commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and express that commitment via your social and community work practice
- Committed to and experienced in working with Māori and Pacific communities
- Experienced in working with adolescents and their families
- Committed to a strengths-based approach and empowering young people to achieve their dreams
- Solution-focused, goal-oriented and a critical thinker
- Committed to social justice and social transformation
- An effective communicator
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary College and community team
- Able to network and build effective working relationships with other agencies
- Keen to develop new ways of supporting youth and families to develop their strengths and create the present and future they desire
Applicants must also have:
- New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa
- A current full clean drivers licence
The salary for this position is negotiable for the right applicant. Come and talk this through if you want a new opportunity to use your knowledge and skills to make a difference.
Applications close Thursday 2nd December 2021.
If you’re believe you have the skills and experience to fulfil this role, please send your CV and covering letter to Damian Dempsey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 04 477 6827 to arrange a chat.