The new year provides new opportunities! Want to work in a flexible, organic, staff and community-friendly agency? Then apply to join Challenge 2000 now to start a new year with a new way of working!
C2K is a professional Social Work and Youth Development agency that provides a wide, dynamic range of services for young people and families in the Wellington Region.
We are now seeking a very experienced social worker to work as part of a Challenge 2000 and college team based in a secondary school in Porirua. This is an exciting new year-long project.
You must be:
- A qualified and experienced social worker
- Registered with the SWRB or eligible for registration
- Able to support Challenge 2000’s commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and express that commitment via your social and community work practice
- Committed to and experienced in working with Māori and Pacific communities
- Experienced in working with adolescents and their families
- Committed to a strengths-based approach and empowering young people to achieve their dreams
- Solution-focused, goal-oriented and a critical thinker
- Committed to social justice and social transformation
- An effective communicator
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary College and community team
- Able to network and build effective working relationships with other agencies
- Keen to develop new ways of supporting youth and families to develop their strengths and create the present and future they desire
Applicants must also have:
- New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa
- A current full clean drivers licence
The salary for this position is negotiable for the right applicant. Come and talk this through if you want a new opportunity to use your knowledge and skills to make a difference.
Applications close Thursday 28th January 2021.
If you’re interested in this exciting new project, please send your CV and covering letter to Kitty McKinley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 04 477 6827 to arrange a chat.