Challenge 2000 is a Wellington-based youth development agency which has served young people and their families for 32 years. We seek to help young people grow into their best selves through a variety of services and programmes, including education, youth justice, personal mentoring, and leadership development. We have significant contracts with a number of partner agencies.
We are seeking an experienced youth worker to join our team.
Applicants must be:
- An experienced youth worker
- Familiar with strengths-based principles
- Solution-focused and goal-oriented
- Experienced in working alongside adolescents and their families
- Familiar with working in justice, education and/or community sectors
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Experienced in working with Māori and Pacific communities
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Organised, punctual and responsible
- Able to keep up with case notes, assessments and administrative requirements
- Willing to learn and develop new skills
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
Applicants must also have:
- New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa
- A formal qualification relevant to the position
- A current full clean drivers licence
Salary is negotiable for the right applicant.
Applications close Wednesday 23rd September 2020.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.