Greetings to friends and supporters of Challenge 2000!
We wish you peace and good health during this difficult time as our country unites against the Covid-19 pandemic.
Challenge 2000 has been deemed an essential service by the government, so, whilst taking all possible precautions, we are continuing to engage with highly at-risk young people and their families.
We are fortunate to have such wonderfully dedicated staff who, each in their own way, is contributing to our mission of service. We are also blessed to have the support of generous benefactors who have donated money and goods this past week which we have distributed to families in need. These amazing acts of kindness include:
- a government Department donated all the milk from staff fridges throughout their building
- Nada Bakery in Tawa donated bread and cakes
- a very generous benefactor provided a large donation so we could buy food and supplies for struggling families
- another friend paid for airfares to get young people back to members of their whanau
- an artistic ex staff member who is quarantined after arriving home from overseas is painting and donating the proceeds to our emergency supplies.
All these acts of kindness and generosity have helped our young people and families and also kept the morale of our staff and volunteers up. And as all of us know our struggles are just beginning. Here at Challenge we know that we can and will get through this together. We are the best little country in the world with a strong family.
We are better off together. He waka eke noa
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has”
– Margaret Mead
If you would like to make a contribution towards Challenge 2000’s work among the neediest young people and families in our community, please click here or donate to:
Challenge 2000: 01-0519-0057660-00