Challenge 2000 is a chosen provider for the ACC Mates & Dates healthy relationships programme. Our trained and highly skilled facilitators deliver the programme in a number of schools throughout the greater Wellington region. We currently deliver Mates & Dates in 11 schools around Wellington, with more coming on-stream every term.
For more information on the programme visit the Mates & Dates website here.
Mates & Dates is about helping young people to have healthy and happy relationships
It isn’t just about dating. It’s about all kinds of relationships, including family and friends.
We want to teach young people how to:
- identify unhealthy relationships
- have healthy relationships based on respect, negotiation and consent
- identify inappropriate behaviour
- get help if they, or someone they know, are in an unhealthy relationship
- safely intervene in situations that could lead to harm.
We want to give young people the skills and knowledge to prevent the harm caused by sexual violence and dating violence .